...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

the bad, the good, and the funny

Today has to have been the most jumbled up day of my life. To set the tone, it was misty all day with light showers, and a haze set in over campus. Come to find out one of the best guys I know, Arunan (the best small group leader), is withdrawing from Emory, for reasons unknown but for God's greater purpose. It was unexpected, and it must be said that he will be missed. I've been on roughly four hours of sleep for 48 hours, and today being Tuesday didn't help. Tuesday means film class, film class means a film screening. Little did I know, I would sleep an hour through a silent film to wake up for the last fifteen minutes. But to bring this emotional day right side up, the film screening ended with an inner laugh. I awoke to find a text message from Meghan on my cell: I wasn't the only one who fell asleep. But the real comedic performance happened at dinner at a pizza eatery, called Everybody's. You can just fill in the blank with anything you really dislike. The comment was,"Blank is like cutting my right achilles tendon with hedge clippers," followed by myself taking a jest at belimic headcases. I assure you it was funny then, but then again everything is heightened when you've been up for far too long. Anyways, to this crazy day I say goodbye, and for tomorrow, may it be just as interesting. With the exception that I don't end up laying in Thomas Hall holding on to Katie's ankle screaming, "noooo...not you too."

p.s. "I'm in a glass case of emotion" is more then an understatement for all that happened today, but fitting nonetheless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home