...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Night Sweats

At 3:00 in the morning, I've somehow aquired a need to work out. My sedated days of sun bathing and beach cruising just keep me asleep all day. It's like I'm buried in the sand up to my head, and I'm there just admiring the scenery. It's a dazing lethargy from the sun, and it's only natural that I force my energy onto something else. So I'll pull on some shorts and the same old white T before heading to the garage. Free weights, jump ropes, stretch bands, and a pulley tower sleep quitely until the garage lights up. I'll spend an hour lifting weights while my i-pod shuffle keeps a pace with Panic!, Fallout, and Blink tracks. Once I'm spent physically, I'll turn off my i-pod, the garage lights and head right into the darkened street.

I'll look down either end of the street. Lighted houses and white closed garages smile back in the darkness. I'll look up to the moon hanging behind a cloud, and then the silence will creep into my pounding chest. It's quite a retreat from the city of Atlanta, busy with skylines, misty hazes, and of course traffic. For once, I can see the stars out. For me it's a quick reflection of God in the midst of madness, a quiet before the storm if you will. It's a reminder that wherever we start our nights, we have no idea where they will go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home