The Sounds of Settling
The time is unknown, and I crawl back from the library, my eyes bloodshot from studying. A tinge of red gathers in my eye from starring at my math folder while unfinished problems lay on the desk before me. Another unsuccessful night. I have dealt with it, and I deal with it again now. I'll turn in my homework late once again, get the same C-/C+ grade, and move on to next week's challenging defeat. But, I'm spent on discussing the math department. If you have not caught the drift, the math department is difficult and tiresome at this University.
I choose to settle. Acquiesce. I'll just enlist three more classes, and burden the great cross, that grueling sum of addition, and major in the damn subject. For, some crosses are easier to bear than others, and the financial one bears down most.
In other (and more important) news, I sealed the position for Conference Manager and will be residing in Alabama Hall for the summer. Free housing, free food, free laundry, and a stipend cushion the chair that I will sit fat and happy in throughout the summer. A great job to lighten the academics, lighten activities, and just lighten the load.
On a different note, I cursed today more than I have perhaps all year. I could not begin to count the obscenities, numerous as they are. But the anger, the rising temper flares for the precious world destroyed like the sculptor's sandcastle so carefully constructed, so wedged into miniature square perfections, only to be toppled by toddlers. I have lost so much ground in faith today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home