Laughing Stones
The Conference Manager position boasts many hidden perks I wouldn't have known had I not been hired. The amount of laughter from inside jokes of ridiculous client request buzzes up and down the halls and in and out of our meeting rooms. Unfortunately, Ali will not be a crossing guard for Summer Institute for the Gifted. And if you are looking for her director, he's "at the BRICK!!!"..."DECATUR, THE BRICK!" while his staff member, who's checking in, patiently waits curbside for him to return.
At any rate, the laughter exploded tonight with a night out with the NSLC Crew. The National Student Leadership Conference has been consuming my week recently. Before the conference began, I had little idea of the amount of work involved or any idea, for that matter, that I would be eating dinner with the Admin staff at the end of it all. But, the NSLC Staff and I hit it off from the start. The staff was amazing and with the many hours of work put in, I and the University Conference Staff were rewarded with gifts, thank you cards, dinner, and some really cool people. Jane, the smoke alarm savior, and I took off to Maddy's with NSLC tonight and enjoyed barbecue and live jazz music for a good two hours. An oreo milkshake followed at Bruster's, and that entire night was filled with one liners, elaborate stories, and randomness. Tonight has been one of those stepping stones in some emerging path of life. A night to remember as one of the best on the conferences staff, and a night to remember these great people for years to come.

1 Comments:
saden your lack of updates is just so frustrating, like...oh my god.
its 1130..im leaving tomorrow at 515am. contemplating not going to sleep at all...i do have a 6 hour plane ride...
11:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home