...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Cures and Ailments

Before going to bed last night, I had an awesome chat with an old friend. She's one of the best people I know (whether she knows it or not) and I've truly missed being around her. I wondered what happened to us as we slowly drifted apart over senior year and our separate college educations. I've come to realize we just forgot to talk. We would talk about anything and everything for hours, and that slowly evolved into thirty second phone conversations of "hello, you coming, yes, ok, goodbye." Blame isn't to be pointed anywhere: it just happened. But, it must be said that the reason, season, and lifetime friend is applicable here. She saved my life in more than one way, and I'm not sure if I ever told her that.
As for my ailment, I was sick for practically the whole month of January, and just when I thought it was over, I have something else. I'm drugged up, and I've been guzzling water like a camel. Yet, this flu, cold, or what have you just won't let up. So its another night in the dorm, which isn't all that bad. After all, it means I'll actually be going to sleep before 2:00 am. Lots of drug medicine and a soft pillow, dream land here I come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home