...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Update

It's been a month since I've finally typed a few words onto the screen. I think to myself, "what's happened between June 6 and now?" I realize nothing except the regular routine of a slowly passing summer. However, a little unexpected weather interrupted life altogether. Hurricane Dennis prompted a quick trip to Tallahasee to escape the hundred plus mile per hour winds and ease an overemotional grandmother and mom. We returned to fallen trees, two days of clean up, and five days without power. Work quickly started up two days after the hurricane, and it was no suprise to me that my cell phone rang with a request to come into work. It's been four days of work, and I have thrity six hours to show for it. Fortunately, work will soon be interrupted on Monday and Tuesday by Jason and his sister. A much needed break from the job I want to quit today. The reasons for wanting to do so will soon be posted, perhaps one for each day of the week. Then, all will come to know the wonders or rather the mundane and semi-sick tasks. For now, I'll return to some books: The Hobbit, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (yeah I said it), Lighthouse, and the Bible. Good company in the wake of a stand still life of hurricane aftermath. Not to mention, I have power now, and there's always blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home