...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Works Ahead

What is this mediocrity that I settle with? Somehow I've become complacent with a steady job, occassional outings with friends, and the idiosyncracies of the day. I feel like I should be doing something above this layed out life before me. It sounds too samaritan, but this has been plaguing me since the start of summer. I recently turned nineteen and already I'm determined to accomplish more than a lifetime of works before I blow out my next twenty candles. I want to start to leave a mark on this world, whether I am remembered for it or not. What I will do is yet to come, but I feel something big, fast breaking on the horizon. For now, I'll leave a list of things that I wish to do at some point in my life.

Lifetime Goals
1. write a fiction novel
2. write a biography or an autobiography
3. volunteer at least a year of my life
4. teach
5. write a book of poems

...and to know I did this not for myself

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home