...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Pressure

It's filling, it's stretching, and it's popped. My balloon of life has been destroyed, and I'm left with just myself and the little motivation I have to get things done. As much as I want to deny it, my laziness has been the root of my problems, as attending class and doing final papers are no longer goals. Even updating this blog has become a nuissance: a cursory reading is enough to satify a new post and the fact of momentary change, but it's no resolution for the craving of more. I'm guilty too, and I've let myself down. But, this weekend will no doubt be my redemption. Tomorrow's list includes laundry, french paper, scholarship essays, more french paper, film paper, and math homework. If I screw up this list that is already written out, then the dunce cap and the slime of slug are rightfully mine. But, I think it's time to get in gear. Those cogs in my head are starting to turn, and you can see that I'm in thought. What you don't know is that I'm probably thinking of ways to waste my time. This is my curse, and the impedence to the my goals that rest underdeveloped and underachieved in my backpack or the library. Now, it's time to stretch another balloon and begin to fill it with the work of tomorrow. This one is sure to pop but far greater is the reward: firework confetti to mark the celebration of this semester's end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home