...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Dooley

It's twenty minutes and counting until this multivariable calculus test. Instead of studying, I'm at the computer in the hall to inform the masses of tradition here at Emory. The skeleton of Dooley has become a coveted emblem of the university, and he is arguably the most important person here. Indeed, Dooley may be dead, but his immortal soul lives in a skeleton costume meandering about campus. Dooley's week is in honor of his legacy, but more importantly, it's a time for Dooley to release mayhem: letting out classes well before their end, playing "The Addam's Family" theme song in the clocktower, and distributing condoms (and t-shirts) among the student body. Dooley was always looking out for the student body. Tonight will end his antics with the annual Dooley's Ball, which he should no doubt be attending. And so to Dooley, I tip my hat and raise my glass. Cheers to the beloved bones of Emory.
The esteemed Dooley and his entourage strolling through campus.
"Presidents may come,
and Presidents may go;
Professors may come,
and professors may go;
Students may come,
and students may go;
But Dooley lives on forever!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home