Somewhere Between "A" and "F"
I get this sinking feeling when I can't do my math homework. The numbers, the proofs, the tables usually sort themselves out for me, and I have been able to manage up to this point. However, abstract vector spaces is getting the best of me. I look at my sheet of homework and realize I have only completed two of the nine problems, which I should add are computational problems. The other seven problems are proofs which lead me jumbled in the math theory, the "if...then" statements, and the numerous corollaries. The homework stays unfinished, and I spend the week running to office hours to get anything out of my professor that might help me in my mission to complete it all before Thursday morning. I've cut it close every time.
Everything else, all the depressing feelings, all the inadequacies seep in with the undone math homework. The math major seems out of reach. It's the end of my sophomore year so starting a new major would be impossible considering the pre-med requirements I still have to fulfill. In the meantime, my GPA hangs in the balance. I'm trying to get scholarships and awards to stay here for another semester and with each red "X" on my homeworks and tests, my chances slip further and further away. So yeah, there's pressure. People say I have high standards, but I think it's the standards' fault. They are somewhere out in the Andromeda Galaxy, while I'm here, stuck on Earth. I won't stop trying though. It's not in my nature. Besides if I fail, at least I can say "I tried."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home