The Loop
Recently, my i-pod shuffle decided to go rogue, blinking frantically with alternating amber and green lights. All of my tracks were muted to a low buzz through the headphones. Being no expert of technology, I rummaged the help website looking for answers or quick fixes. Fortunately for me, a new restore upgrade had been released from Apple after over a thousand complaints surfaced for the same problem from shuffles users across the nation. Sadly, the upgrade did not remedy my malfunctioning i-pod. A solid week was spent silently riding on the C shuttle, tapping my foot to conceived air drum solos, and starring at annoying traffic light signals from the shuffle. Call me spoiled, but I did buy my own i-pod. If anything is to be said, it's that I just like music.
I relied on my I-tunes to pull me through the shuffle's absence. So long as a loop of music was running in the morning and at night, then I could muster enough enthusiasm to get to class or to begin the usually tedious bits of homework. For the past week, I've had Jack's Mannequin and Jack Johnson on a continuous loop to kick off sunrise and sunset. It's been relieving, but nothing compared to the white headphones pumping volumes of Spoon, Taking Back Sunday, Snow Patrol, or the White Stripes into my ear. Music is the pacemaker to my life. Every note, every drum beat, or guitar strum is a head nod toward what I have to accomplish. Whether it's finishing the third mile or commuting to class, there's a little motivation in the tunes that prepares me for what's to come.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home