Adventures in Emory Land
Adventure 1: Katie recently contracted a virus on her computer. So we had to make our way to the "Clean Room" which is a part of the Information Technology Division (ITD) at Emory. We journeyed across the street the to the Emory's police building. Getting into the elevator, Katie and I looked at each other with apprehension. The walls were padded like a psychiatric institute and there was a huge hole for the elevator buttons. We just needed to be wearing some coats and jumping off the walls to fit right in. Finally, we got to the desired floor and had to telephone into this secret "Clean Room." A small Asain guy pops in through a door. "Follow me," he says. Katie and I are both thinking "yeh, right," but we proceed cautiously. Then, the man quickly says, "no, one of you stay here." It was Katie's computer so I quickly volunteered myself to stay. Katie walks with the man back behind the door, and as it closed, I knew she was screaming "please, don't let me go all by my lonesome self (garrum)." I just waved goodbye, laughing to myself. Ten minutes of staring at Emory's "Jazz in the Lab" concert posters later, Katie emerged. Another ride back down the padded elevator (and maybe some bouncing off of the elevator's walls), we eagerly left the building.
Adventure 2: The weekend had finally come, and Friday was looking up. Free burritos at Willie's prompted myself, Katie, Walt, and Susan to walk there. The only thing that stood in our way to the free food was a credit card application. But hey, that didn't stop us (a college student's gotta eat). And on our return to campus, we crossed the road to get a better look at an out of place brick house on North Decator. Katie's shoe falls off in the process and then follows a five minute game of Walt, Susan, and myself playing chicken with cars or some form of red light green light in the middle of this four laned road. Katie screaming,"NO, my shoe, my poor shoe (garrum)!" Being the incredible super hero Flash I am...wait I mean being normal everyday Chris, I launched myself into the street to obtain the precious shoe. I got clipped by a Honda in the process, and now I am blogging from my hospital bed with a cast on my left leg. Ok, so maybe I walked to the shoe and back easily without getting harmed and am typing from my dorm room now. But still, Katie owes me big time.
Adeventure 3: In light of my use of the car crash for comedic purposes, I want to recount a serious story. Probably the nicest person I have ever met in my life, Meghan, got hit by a black Volvo when we were crossing the Clifton Road. And for proof of her kindness, her first words after getting hit by the car to the driver were "I'm fine...are you ok?" Yeh, Meghan is a trooper. I helped Meghan off the street with her sprained knee, and now she is doing awesome, after some pain killers and crutches. I can say, "I wish it would have been me," "why her?" or "why did it happen a just that time?" But, we can't change the past or have hopes of changing it in our minds. We should be more thankful for the great people we have in our lives, and the lessons we learn from them.
Adeventure 4: This spot is reserved for the exploration that never came to fruition. Details will be posted after Lindsay and I coordinate a night. Oh, the excitement is building...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home