...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Writing with a Purpose

This great girl, Lindsay, gave me some of the best advice to help my writing the other night. She said I should write with a purpose in mind before I actually commence writing. I thought that was perposterous. Afterall, I have titled all my posts prior to this only after writing them. And to be honest, I often have no idea where my writing will take me when all is said and done. I'm usually really random and just throw in things from music, movies, or something lame (that was funny at the time) from earlier that day. But what's so wrong with a little improv? I mean Who's Line is it Anyway has great ratings. I guess I should just brainstorm or do a little rough draft before starting. But honestly, who does that? Oh, I have an idea.* We should vote on whether or not brainstorming is really essential to blogging. What do you think?

*this idea did occur to me after I started blogging...so ha Lindsay

1 Comments:

Blogger Janna said...

Yes.

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home