Crash
Three eighteen hour days of scribblings, mad dashes, and appointmetnts. My eyelids sag from exhaustion, and sleep is but just a few probability problems away. Regardless of the work I have left to do, sleep saturates my mind. Sleep crawls and conforms to the corners of my brain, leaving me incapable of thought. Then the feelings set in. The feeling that when I fall asleep, I will sink into deep blackness. A feeling that I'll roll in waves of blankets and sheets, relaxing every sore joint and every tense muscle. Like lazy river water park, I'll drift in my rectangular box on cushions of cotton and pads of foam with ease. Finally, an intoxicating warm numbness will emerge from the friction of body and sheets that's equally enjoyable as it is dangerous. The danger relies on not waking up to red digits and a loud buzz, and the alternative is to tap the snooze for five minutes of bliss - a guilty pleasure that we all indulge in from time to time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home