...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Eyes Open

It's the AM, and writing is much more appealing than studying for an Inorganic Chemistry test. In about five hours, I'll be scribbling down notes and symmetry point groups that I've spent the last six hours or so memorizing. But for the meantime, I'm going to abandon my science endeavors and indulge in the some creativity.

Recently, I've had this preoccupation of not sleeping. Somewhere in between my homework and everyday life, I've carelessly waved sleep good bye. I'll come back to the apartment, after work, school, and anything else oriented to that great idea of my future, and social hour will begin because I'm too dazed to commence actual homework. Midnight or the AM hours roll around, and the severity of deadlines pushes me to my studies, leaving me to little sleep (and illness).

I would have to say getting sick has become routine once a year. Each year illlness is guaranteed, just like a parking ticket when you illegal park for the first time. Luckily for me, each year has been less severe than the former.
Freshmen Yr: Conjunctivitis and Upper Respiratory Infection
Sophomore Yr: Upper Respiratory Infection
Junior Yr: Cough, Sneeze, and Stomach Aches
So I'm giving this cough and sneeze a week at most, before I try medicine and, eventually, antibiotics to knock it out. Meanwhile, I'll try and avoid prescriptions or even OTC's just for the sake of building up my immune system.

Other than illness, the entertainment factor of my life has been on the rise. Sharp Top Cove was just this past weekend. Young Life high school kids energized the weekend with the buzz of "he said/she said," and the pops of flour bombs and water balloons during the field games. Glowstick frizbee games, rock climbing walls, Harry Carey skits, and Banana Man vs. Blockhead made the weekend worthwhile. All in all a great weekend to recover and reconnect with God.

STC wasn't and isn't the only extent of this week's charades. Just this evening I attended a Mat Kearney Concert. The concert was one of the best I've attended. Naturally I bought his CD "Nothing Left to Lose" after the concert. It has been spinning in my computer for each minute I've devoted to Inorganic Chemistry. It's a sort of balance to keep me sane in the midst of this intense studying. Tomorrow, a tour guide meeting at Mellowmushroom awaits so that I can stuff my belly full of tomato sauce, melted cheese and pizza crust. Then, a date party will round off the evening at Piebar with Talleymac.

And at last, I will come back to this small white room, crawl into cool sheets, and sink into darkness. I look forward to that moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home