Against All Odds
And I'm not just talking about my probability and statistics homework which can be next to impossible without office hours. I am referingto my life and the impractibility of where I am and where I am going. It's bothered me for two years, but now it comes to surface. I can't stand being at a school where I am underprivileged. I am underprivileged with money, with personal ties, with anything that could get me some sort of advantage. I have to work for every edge and every gain. I'm not made of money, and I work hard enough to reap some benefit to stay here.
There is no great reward to gain. No encouragement from faculty. So I'm left to struggle alone in my successs, often falling short of what perfection demands. I question if I am good enough for medical school. I question if I can impress the doctors who will interview me. I question what my future holds because I know no doctors, no money, no educated parents who could understand, and no friends who perceive what I am up against. What lies ahead is a crap shoot into the dark, and I'm praying for some better payoff than winning on the Crap's pass line.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home