The Last Days of Tom
Tom, my i-pod shuffle, is doomed. His days of playing soothing tunes for my ears has long since past. He has been punched, handled, and stretched to his last battery recharge. The USB plug that links into my computer has withered away. Ready to rip into two, the ribbon connecting the USB plug to the bulk of Tom is halfway gone, as if cut with a pair of scissors. I haven't had the heart to recharge Tom in the fear of short-circuiting or some other unforseen problem. Instead, I've chosen few runs to plug in and jam out to tunes that keep the pat-pat of my shoes springing against the concrete. I'm trying to keep Tom alive for as long as possible. It's working. He sits in my drawer unused but ready for the next special occasion. In due time, Tom will reach his end, as surely will I. However, Tom can be replaced with new tunes, new soundtracks, and even better technology to outlast and outperform the former. I say farewell to Tom for providing me the tunes to keep pushing onward. Until the day your last battery energy runs out, I listen to every beat you provide to keep me one step ahead. To you Tom, my inanimate (yes I know) i-pod, cheers.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home