...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Maggiano's

For the Italian speaking portion of the world, Maggiano's (was Magino's) might actually mean something, but for others living in Atlanta, it's (was its) a great Italian restaurant. Last night, Lindsay, Katie, Jason, and I (was myself) embarked with Lindsay's (was Lindsay') mom to enjoy some real food that wasn't served at the campus cafeteria. Someone at the table mentioned that their crazy friend was from Oklahoma. (I apologize (was apolpgize) to any Oklahomians in advance). And, I had the nerve to reply back, "well, that explains a lot." Lindsay's mom replies, "my family's from Oklahoma." And so followed a prolonged awkward silence and the reddest look on my face that matched the marinara sauce on our chicken parmesan (was parmasen). Everyone burst out laughing at me, and I of course squirmed in my seat. But really, dinner was awesome, and you know it was a great dinner when your laughing the whole way through the meal, making fun of a mexican employee who can't speak english, and not realizing that an italian dinner can last three hours. I just wish I had a better intro with Lindsay's mom, but all I could do was revoke my own speaking privileges for the night, a task typically reserved for everyone else (namely Jason and Lindsay) that always seems to fall upon (was opun) me. Me and my stupid mouth...

p.s. the comments will clear up the colors...Lindsay thinks she's an English major

6 Comments:

Blogger outofthevein said...

Spell check completed. Errors in red. Happy Lindsay?

9:56 AM

 
Blogger outofthevein said...

The spell check of the spell check was run again. Errors are in some shade of blue. At this rate, I'm bound to run out of spell checks and colors. Satisfied yet?

12:52 AM

 
Blogger outofthevein said...

Alas, my masterpiece is finished!

11:23 AM

 
Blogger Janna said...

Or is it finished? I think not.

"Me and my stupid mouth" should be "my stupid mouth and I."

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

2:05 PM

 
Blogger outofthevein said...

DOH!

2:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was one time Lindsay!! One time....plus, thermometer is a word that only math and science majors need to know....(Chris may or may not have just helped me out on the spelling of that trixy, trixy word)

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home