...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Acquainted with the Night

It's 4 a.m. and instead of doing my french homework, I sit blogging in the library. Yeh, I really should work on my sleeping rituals (and really my homework right now) because four hour naps here and there just aren't sufficient. But, everything is so much different at night. The hustle and havoc of the campus has disappeared, and I'm left walking the brick paths of Emory with a soothing silence. The lamp posts guide me back to my dorm after Trivial Pusuit, Mario Party, cards, charades, or any other form of entertainment. Its relieving to see the campus at rest as it sleeps soundly. Like the thousands of students that parade daily on its cement, the campus is almost human at night, snooring and closing its eyes to enter dream world. Sleep sounds so good right about now. But alas, I've digressed and must return to my homework. But to any reader, see the darker side of things: its not all bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home