...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Error of My Ways

I have succombed to the power of blogging, and its obvious I don't have a weeks worth of information nor all the lessons I should have learned from my self-conducted experiment on myself. But, it is appropriate to tell the story of what happened and how long I held out. We'll start at Thursday and end...on Thursday. Ok so I didn't last a day. But I can't say I didn't try.

Thursday begins...

7:38 Woke up (slept a solid two hours the night before)

7:46 Shower (quite refreshing)

8:15 Checked mail and went to class (not exciting)

8:30-9:45 Math 250S (we use parentheses in math)

9:45-10:00 Walked to next class (I felt that this parentheses was necessary)

10:00-11:00 French 203 (class got out fifteen minutes early, hooray)

11:15-11:30 went to lunch at the DUC (I ate with Susan, who is hopefully gloating right now because she's so blogworthy)

11:40-12:30 checked e-mail, completed Campus Resource Information sheet for Orientation Leader homework, and filled out FAME application (most productive hour of the day)

12:35-1:50 PE 101 LD7 Lab (this week was on depression: I slept through it and am now sometimes called a heartless bastard)

1:50-2:10 quick nap (closed my eyes for maybe five minutes)

2:10-2:20 ten minutes at the post office for two stamps (wanted to take a pen and gouge my eyeball out with it, but other than that I was patient)

2:30-3:45 Film Studies 270S (I don't exactly remembered what happened during this class)

3:45-3:55 Dropped off FAME application (most productive ten minutes of the day)

4:00-4:25 Took entirely way too much time to return to Trimble Hall to do laundry (those stairs are rough)

4:25 Laundry commenced (this is just more filler)...

4:25 and onward ???????????????????????????????????

So I don't remember what happened from then until now, but I'm pretty sure its involved Harris Hall, Complex, some people who control my life, about sixteen hours of sleep in five days, and for some very strange reason elves. This could be a result of insanity or so that's what the elves told me. But really, this whole sleep and school work thing is not working out. I'm standing on the fulcrom of a broken see-saw with work and play at opposite ends. I'm not exactly breaking even or weighing in any more, but just stuck on a playground. And all I've got to say for myself is, "oh boy, is it fun!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home