...I believe in the sand beneath my toes The beach gives a feeling An earthy feeling I believe in the faith that grows... Matthew 16:25 If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Spring Break

Its been a week and what do I have to show for it? I have two simple words: spring break. Those two words entail exotic locations or some winter paradise, beautiful girls, and of course some alcohol to ensure “very” social people or at least some great memory of drunken stupidity. But, this spring break was an actual break from the monotonous routine of college. I’m spending time with my grand parents in Crossville, TN. Crossville is halfway between Nashville and Knoxville so some say its in the middle of nowhere. Now, I’m in an all inclusive resort with a comfy bed, home cooked meals, and having nothing to do but count the threads on my pillow. My routine has been reduced to breakfast, lunch, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, dinner, and sleep. In one night I’ve actually slept twelve hours, something which I could barely accomplished in a four night span at Emory. And for that, I’m completely relaxed, soaking up every lazy minute to slowly expunge for the remainder of my sleepless nights this semester.
You’d think I’d be able to make decisions within a week, but the only thing I’ve resolved is that non-bake cherry cheesecake is, in fact, delicious. My real dilemma is whether or not to join a fraternity, something I would least likely find myself doing. This decision is due by Tuesday, and I have no progress to show for it. I have right intentions to join, but little time and some great friends I’d miss. But, what to do?
For now, I’m off to the kitchen for a late night snack, by late I mean 11:36 pm. I’ll be back in A-town Saturday night after spending five hours to Montgomery and three hours to Atlanta. Hopefully, I’ll see everyone Sunday night, and we’ll all be ready to stay up through the night doing nothing important at all but wasting our lives with our friends. The friends that just make us laugh, mostly at ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home